Monday 25 February 2013

PokéJournal: Update 007

This guy doesn't like water . . .
 because he's made of rock!
-Alright, I have the Squirt Bottle now and I’m off to the next town.

-There are tons of trainers on this route, sweet. I’ll use it as a opportunity to train Croconaw.

-Croconaw vs. Tangela. No problem because Croconaw knows Ice Fang. It does good damage and it can potentially cause flinching or freeze the opponent. It’s a super useful move for a water type like Croconaw. At least, it’s a good move to have until Tangela puts you to sleep. Darn. Oh great, he’s draining Croconaw’s energy now. Finally, he wakes up and the battle is easily won.

-Man, all the trainers here want to exchange numbers. It’ll be good for training later in the game, I hope.

-I just caught a Nidoranand naturally I want to catch a Nidoranto go with it. Only problem is there are far more female Nidoran than there are male ones. It’s taking a long time.

-Sweet. More people to battle in the National Park. You know what, I don’t care. A random lady just gave me a Quick Claw. Here you go, Croconaw, now you can stop being so darn slow in battle. Huh. I just noticed I have a Shell Bell (heals a bit of HP every turn in battle). When did I get that? Who cares, here you go Pidgeotto.

-I just met a guy in the National Park who took a picture of me and all my Pokémon.

-What in the world is the Pokéathlon Dome and why should I care? What’s that you say, there is no reason to care? Ok, moving on. Let’s go catch a Sudowoodo.

-Turns out he’s a pretty tough cookie. I used Croconaw to weaken his HP so much just one more attack by even my weakest Pokémon (Sandshrew in the case at level 11) would have been enough to make him faint. I then sent out Flaaffy planning to cause paralysis with Thunder Wave but Sudowoodo paralyzed himself by using a physical attack on Flaaffy. I then sent out a Great Ball and bam, done. Now I can go to the next city.

-Awesome, this lady from the flower shop in Goldenrod just gave me a Berry Pot and some berries. I guess in Heart Gold you can grow your own berries with you and not have to worry about travelling all over the map just to get status healing berries for free. This is great. 
These guys were born to be in double battles.
-I just clued into the fact that the guy who’s waiting for a Spearow is on Route 31. Problem is Route 31 is back where I already came from and I’m heading towards the next town… U-turn!

-Yay, the guy gave me a TM 44. That‘s another TM to carry around in my bag and never use.

-Hey, didn’t I give Kurt Apricorns to make Poké Balls with? Where does he live again?

-I’m not a really big fan of double battles. It takes too long for a turn to happen. I prefer the more traditional one-on-one battle.

-I bumped into Bill at the Ecruteak City Pokémon Center. He left and I followed him to Goldenrod City. I went to his house and he gave me an Eevee. It’s going to get it on with my Ditto one of these days but not now.

Stantler, what did you do to
deserve to be so ugly?
-Finally, a wild Growlithe. Little Growlithe, I’m going to hurt you until your HP is red. I’m going to send out Flaaffy to bully you around and paralyse you. Then, once you’re caught in the Poké Ball, I will go find you in the PC and love you forever and ever.

-Successfully caught, quick, to the Poké Center!

-Man, Growlithe is fucking adorable following you around. Enough swooning, Growlithe vs. wild Growlithe, go! Well that was disappointing. The wild Growlithe has an ability that makes fire type moves useless against it and my Growlithe only knows one offensive move and it’s Ember. I used Roar and the wild Growlithe ran away. What a little wimp.

-Well, I have a Growlithe and I’m in a new city. I’ve caught several Pokémon and I’ve trained Croconaw quite a bit. I think it’s time to call it a day. Next time, I’ll be exploring Ecruteak City.


Pokémon caught: Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Sudowoodo, Stantler, and Growlithe.
Pokémon traded: None.
Gym Leader defeated: None.
Fights with Craphat (Rival): None.
Evolutions: None.
Pokémon in party: Croconaw, Flaaffy, Pidgeotto, Heracross, Growlithe, Sandshrew.
Highest level in party: Croconaw at level 26.
Lowest level in party: Sandshrew at level 13.
Pokédex: 38.
Time played: 13:54.

No comments:

Post a Comment