Sunday 10 February 2013

PokéJournal: Update 001

Welcome to the first instalment of PokéJournal. I hope you enjoy it and that this series of post doesn’t turn out to be boring for people not playing along.

-I forgot how slow you move when your character doesn’t have running shoes. I don’t need a bike but running shoes are indispensable.

-Totodile is one of my top three all-time favourite starter Pokémon.

-The last Pokémon game I played was Pokémon Platinum and I like the look and the design in Platinum. Using the game menu in Heart Gold is slower and not as user friendly than it was in Platinum. I realized that you have the Poketch or whatever it’s called on the second screen in Platinum but Heart Gold is really not a two screen kind of game and the use of the second screen seems forced and unnatural. Let’s hope I get used to it.

-Sweet. An old man gave me running shoes. Zooooooom!

-Level 3 Caterpie vs. Level 4 Metapod that only knows harden; longest fight of my life. Yay, Caterpie won!

-There's already a nice variety of Pokémon so early on in the game. I'm pleasantly surprised by that.

-I picked up an egg from Mr. Pokémon and brought it to Professor Elm. He kept the egg. Isn’t he supposed to give it to me? Will I get it later? Togepiiiiiiiii.

-Note: Don’t run out of Pokéballs. Go to the Pokémart then go and catch a Mareep. I love Mareep.

-I really like that you have a Pokémon following you around Pokémon Yellow Pikachu style.

-Oh Wooper, you’re so darn cute. Water and Ground is a great type combination for a Pokémon. Wooper’s evolved form is actually a pretty strong Pokémon due to the type combo too bad he looks so dumb.

-Aw, Mareep is adorable when it follows you around. I’m trying not to run around in circles just to see it follow me.

-It sucks for Falkner that wild Mareep are running around in the tall grass after dark. His birds Pokémon don’t stand a chance. It’s even sadder when you consider the strength of Mareep’s special attack and that it learns ThunderShock at level 10, only four levels higher than what you can easily find in the wild. The game designers really make it easy for you with the first Gym Leader.

-Mareep is at level 8. Two more levels to go and I’ll take on Falkner. It’s all happening tomorrow!

*** 
Pokémon caught: Totodile (kind of), Rattata, Sentret, Pidgey, Spearow, Caterpie, Wooper, Mareep and Bellsprout.
Pokémon traded: Traded Bellsprout for Onyx.
Gym Leader defeated: None.
Fights with Craphat (Rival): One fight against his starter Pokémon. I crushed him.
Evolutions: None.
Pokémon in party: Totodile, Mareep, Pidgey, Caterpie and Bellsprout.
Highest level in party: Totodile, level 15.
Lowest level in party: Caterpie, level 4.
Pokédex: 10
Time played: 3:12

No comments:

Post a Comment